Review: The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

The Geography of You and Me
by Jennifer E. Smith

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth
and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment
building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.
   I have a lot of love for Jennifer E. Smith. Her writing is flawless, and I always fall in love with her books. So whenever I got my hands on The Geography of You and Me, I knew I'd love it. I just didn't realize how much!

credit
  Lucy and Owen were meant to be from the very first page. I loved the way they interacted. It seemed so natural and realistic. With the few exceptions, I've never gotten this emotional over a bookish couple. But they just seemed real, y'all. With every twist and turn, my fingers were crossed for them to make it. Team Lowen forever.

credit
  The Geography of You and Me is the best of young adult contemporary romance. It has everything that makes a good one and so much more. It's been such a long time since I've felt this much of a connection to a story, and I'm in love with this feeling.

The Geography of You and Me in a gif.
credit

6 comments:

  1. Great review. Totally agree wih you on Jennifer E. Smith's writing being flawless. I loved all of her books. For me though, The Statistical Prob was my favorite of all her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stat Prob is a close second, but this one really got me. I think it spoke to my wanderlust!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you were able to love this one so much! It's on my TBR and it sounds like it is very deserving of being there at the moment :D Which makes me happy. I love when the interaction between two people is just so natural and realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this book, girl! I hope you get to read it soon.

      Delete
  3. Nice review, I really really want to read this. Is not in my country yet:/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...