It's the day of the Kristens! I'm really stoked to have Kristen Hope Mazzola on for Indie Fall Fest today! Don't forget to drop by the kick-off post and enter our huge giveaway!
On Kira Adams' blog, she's featuring Zoe Dawson today!
2. Crashing Back Down deals with the very tough subject of losing a spouse from combat. How hard was it to put yourself in Mags’ place?
Extremely. I will never pretend to know what people in Mags’ position go through. I just did a lot of research and tried to do Mags character justice throughout the entire story.
3. I’ve yet to see a bad review or someone who didn’t love your Crashing series. Why do you think readers connect so well with Mags’ story?
I think the main reason readers have enjoyed the Crashing Series is because it’s real. I tried to write a realistic story with believable and somewhat likeable characters. The Crashing Series is raw and emotional.
4. When you were a kid, did you ever imagine that you would be a published author?
Not at all. If I had been asked this question 3 years ago I would have laughed and said, “Yeah, right!”
5. Your next release, The Hysterics, involves music. Do you listen to music when you write or do you prefer quiet and solitude?
I wish I could listen to music when I wrote, but it distracts me too much. The TV can be on in the background if Mike (my boyfriend) is watching it, but other than that I prefer peace and quiet.
6. If you could have the career of any author as your own, which author would you pick?
I don’t think I would trade my career for anyone else’s. I mean being as famous a J.K Rowling is a dream, but it’s something to aspire to, not envy.
7. Coffee or tea?
Both. Depending on my mood, but coffee mostly
8. What’s coming up next for you? Any new releases?
The Hysterics will be coming on sometime in January of 2015 and I have a TOP SECRET project I am working on that will be released sometime in early 2015. Keep an eye out, it’s going to be totally different from anything I have written yet and I am pretty excited about it!
I am just an average twenty-something following my dreams. I have a full time "day job" and by night I am author. I guess you could say that writing is like my super power (I always wanted one of those). I am the lover of wine, sushi, football and the ocean; that is when I am not wrapped up in the literary world.
Please feel free to contact me to chat about my writing, books you think I'd like or just to shoot the, well you know.
A portion of all my royalties are donated to The Marcie Mazzola Foundation.