#IndieFallFest: Sunday Brunch #1


All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were asked to answer this question!
Here are their answers.


Which was the first Indie book that you can recall reading?

I'm sure there were others, but the first one I remember was Disintegrate by Christine Klocek-Lim.
-Bridie Hall

Fire Games by B.T. Narro
-T.A. Uner

State of Emergency by Summer Lane
-Ruth Silver

Colors Like Memories by Meradeth Houston
-Erin Albert Rhew

Conversations with the Light Bearer by Justin Villaneuva
-Cynthia Witherspoon

No clue! Seriously, I'm a long-time indie reader. Since I also write poetry, I'm also a reader of literary magazines and indie lit. I like books that are a little edgy. I like experimental. Some of my favorite indie presses include Curbside Splendor, Gold Wake Press, Black Balloon, Engine Books, Coconut Books, and Graywolf Press. They all publish incredible books.
-Tasha Cotter

Easy by Tammara Webber
-Shane Morgan

I had to go to Amazon to find this. I couldn't remember the title, and the author writes under several pen names, so I had to research that as well. It was Craig's Legacy by Terry Campbell. It's a time travel romance/mystery. I read it in 2003. I had just started writing, and Terry Campbell, aka, Bobbye Terry, formed a critique group in Lubbock, Texas, where I lived at the time. I learned a lot from her!
-Ann Everett

Colors Like Memories - Meredeth Houston.... LOVEEEEEEE!
-Heather Letto

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
-Stacey Mosteller

It was Inescapable by Amy Bartol.
-T.C. McKee

That's hard to say because I don't generally pay attention to indie versus traditional. I just get books thrown at me every which way and I read everything! It was probably 50 Shades :-)
-Amy Bartelloni

Oh, wow I have the worst memory ever! It was probably something by Samantha Young. I really liked her Warriors of Ankh series.
-A.G. Porter

The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
-Sarah Darlington

Fallen by Lauren Faulter. The book came out in 2009, but I have to admit that I didn't get an e-reader until years later.
-Chess Desalls

Johnny, The Mark of Chaos by Susan D Kalior
-Sarah Buhl

The Secret of Spruce Knoll by Heather McCorkle
-Mary Waibel

Wool - Hugh Howey
-James D. Horton

Losing It
-Joy Penny

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I loved the story but I also loved Jamie's story of how she published the book and it developed a following. I was really inspired to write my own story and connect with an audience.
-Karen Gordon

Slammed by Colleen Hoover
-Whitney Barbetti

Ummm that I knew was for sure indie... In Spades by K. Pinson
-Kristen Hope Mazzola

Jaime McGuire's Beautiful Disaster.
-J. Nathan

Falling For Sarah by Cate Beauman. I really liked it and went on to read the rest of the series. :)
-K.R. Conway

Easy by Tammara Webber
-Crystal Perkins

The first LGBTQ book I ever read was Curious Wine by Katherine V. Forrest. I finally felt represented in a story. My thoughts, feelings, dreams, and fears were shared by the two protagonists. It gave me the courage to accept who I was, come out once and for all, and live the live I wanted.
-Amy Dunne

Serial by Blake Crouch and J.A. Konrath. Also Dating My Vibrator, flash fiction by Suzanne Tyrpak.
-Zane Sachs

It would definitely have to be either Switched by Amanda Hocking or Devour by Shelly Crane. I enjoyed both of those.
-Rae Hachton

Normal is the Watchword by Jasmine Tru
-Kira Adams

Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson
-Rue

My first indie read was a science fiction novel by Kevin Bohacz called Immortality. Good question, because it triggered me to look up the author and in doing so, I discovered there was a sequel I didn’t know about!
-Katherine Over

I actually believe the book was Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It was the original version with the weird mouth cover.
-Heather Topham Wood

Wool.
-Claudia Brevis
Susan Kaye Quinn's Open Minds. Really great series, btw!
-Kai Strand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...