Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime Reading Challenge



I'm sure everyone out there has heard about Amazon's list of 100 books that we're supposed to read over the course of our life. (If you're living under a rock, click here.) I've decided to challenge myself to read through their list. I'm not applying any sort of time limit to myself for this endeavor, nor am I promising to review every book on the list. I've actually got a head start. Out of the 100 books, I've read eleven. Not much of a head start, but I'll take it. Around 30 of the books are already on my TBR list, so there's that.

  Books I've already read on the list:
  1. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
  2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  3. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  4. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  5. The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
  6. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  8. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  9. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
  10. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
  11. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

Books I plan on reading in the near future:
  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  2. 1984 by George Orwell
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  5. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain 

  What do you guys think about Amazon's list? Let me know how many of the books you've read in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. You are going to love The Fault in Our Stars, The Book Thief and Gone Girl! So good! Then you can watch all the movies :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have The Fault in Our Stars and Gone Girl waiting for me! I just don't know which to read first!! The movies are why I decided to put these at the top of my list. Thanks for stopping in, Missie!

      Delete
  2. Gone Girl is the book I love to hate. :)
    Kitchen Confidential is AMAZING. I love Bourdain. He's the only reason I've watched bits and pieces of The Taste.
    The Book Thief is wonderful as well. If you like it, you need to check out I Am the Messenger by the same author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting Gone Girl soon, and I am SO excited!! I stumbled upon it in the library and snapped it up! Bourdain is my super secret crush. I'm a religious viewer of No Reservations. I'm dying for this book. And I'm nearly dreading The Book Thief because of the feels and tears. I don't do sappy well! I weep too much.

      Delete
  3. I just read (and reviewed) the fault in our stars literally five minutes ago and that book nearly made me cry. I havent read the other ones on your list, but this one is definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that you had reviewed it, and I just checked it out! Ahhh. I will probably weep for days. It just seems like one of those books.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...