WWW Wednesday #1

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions...
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?

What are you currently reading?
  I'm slowly making my way through Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I have a love/hate relationship with the Vampire Academy series. I loved how they started, but everything spiraled out of control during the fifth and sixth book. I'm hoping Bloodlines will renew my faith in Mead.

What did you recently finish reading?
  I just finished reading Much Ado About Nothing by C.E. Wilson. It was an amazing retell of Shakespeare's classic, and I loved it! I'll be posting the review with an author interview tomorrow!

  A few days ago, I finished The Book of Shade by K.C. Finn. It was a wonderful, darker read. You can check out my review here. I cannot wait for the next in this series to be released later this year!

What do you think you'll read next?
  I have too many books on my TBR list. Pretty Hate by Ava Ayers will definitely be one of my next reads. I saw it on Amazon for free and skimmed through the first chapter. It's already got my interest. But I'm always on the lookout for more amazing indie authors, so that could change by tomorrow!

15 comments:

  1. Pretty Hate looks intriguing! I didn't carry on the Vampire Academy series, I wasn't blown away by the first book! Welcome to WWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit; the first VA book blew me away. I loved Rose. But as the series continued, I grew to dislike her so much that I struggled to finish out the series. Crossing my fingers that Bloodlines makes up for it! Thank you for the welcome! This is such an awesome meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first WWW - you have some good looking books there! I'll be back to see your review of Much Ado About Nothing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Everyone has been so friendly for my first WWW! I adored Much Ado About Nothing. It's the perfect read for someone who feels weighed down by Shakespeare's antiquated prose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first few VA books and I still liked the last ones but not as much. I do like the Bloodline series though! Hope you enjoy it :) My WWW is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2014/02/www-wednesdays-february-5-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still liked the books as a whole, but Rose was a struggle for me to accept. I feel like she went from an amazing female lead to a copy of every other female lead caught between two men. I'm hoping to finish Bloodlines today, so I'm crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of The Vampire Academy books but I think I really should because everyone seems to have read at least one! :D
    I love your blog's design especially the header! :)

    Here's my www: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2014/02/05/www-wednesday-5-2-2014/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should at least give the first book a chance! And thank you. I adore the little bird on my header. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy Bloodlines! I did (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Bloodlines series yet. I have only read the first Vampire Academy book and need to get around to reading the others. Much Ado About Nothing sounds really fun. I will need to come back and check out your review. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by my www earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I hate a love/hate relationship with most of my favourite books, and I don't think VA will be an exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting. I already follow your blog on Bloglovin so I added you to Twitter also :)
    Hope you're enjoying your reads and thanks for the tip on my next book ;)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen, welcome to WWW Wednesday. Much Ado About Nothing looks fab, I'll watch out for your review! (new follower on twitter!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Tori - I finished it earlier today, and I actually loved it!

    @Ink Pages and Words - They're a good read if you enjoy that sort of stuff. I'm excited for the movie releasing tomorrow based on the first book.

    @Lipsyy - I feel you! You love it so much that you can't help be critical of things you wished were different.

    @Lisa Jane - I followed you back on Twitter! Good luck choosing your next book!

    @Beth - It was a great read! She did a fabulous job of modernizing Shakespeare! Thanks for the welcome and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kristen! Much to do About Nothing looks really good! I'll have to check it out. Pretty Hate looks interesting, too. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...