Super Six Sunday #1

Super Six Sunday is an original bookish meme created by Bewitched Bookworm.

Super 6 Series That You Were (Or Will Be) Sad To See End

1). Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
  This one is obvious. I feel like there's so much more waiting to be told in the world of Harry Potter. I'll never feel like the story was finished. Harry's part was told, but there are so many other characters who have a story to share.

2). The Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong
  I loved this series. I really and truly did. It's in the top three of my most favorites. But the ending of the last book went by so fast. It was like action, action, tiny hint at the romance we've been waiting for, for three books, and done. I don't know if Kelley Armstrong meant to give off the vibe that she quit. But for me, there is so much more I wanted to know. Chloe was a perfect lead. Give her back to me!

3). Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  Whenever I read Vampire Academy, I fell in love. Everything about that book was perfect. I went blue in the face explaining to my best friend why Rose was so much better than Bella from Twilight. Then Rose gracefully swan-dived right into that cliche. Using the nice guy to get over the broody one? Check. Rushing off to a different country and endangering your life to save the broody immortal? Check. I even wanted Rose and Dimitri together. Just not at the sacrifice of Rose's integrity. It really felt like that Mead got lazy. All my respect for Rose went out the door. I'm sad that VA ended without Rose redeeming herself.

4). Survival Series by Tracey Ward
  Writing on the Wall, the first book in this series, was my first Indie find on Amazon ever. It began my passion for Indie authors and books. Tracey is gearing up to release the sequel, and I'm so excited. I adore every single character in this series. I'm going to be devastated whenever I have to bid them farewell, especially Crazy Crenshaw.


5). The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris
 Charlaine Harris made me cry more than any other author because of this series. It's where I discovered the paranormal genre. It's where I discovered a telepathic waitress that felt like my best friend. It's where I discovered a small Louisiana town that felt like home. I became so attached to this series and characters. Whenever the last page closed, I broke down in sobbing because I knew it was the end. This was the hardest series for me to say good-bye to. I still miss reading the adventures of Sookie and the Gracious Plenty. 

6). Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascal
  Judge me. I have no shame with this one. SVH pretty much carried me through the awkward teenage years. Jon Stewart's face? Mine every time the school library got a new one. I know, I know. SVH wasn't realistic in any way. But maybe that was the point for me. I could escape the boring reality of growing up in a tiny town and get lost in California with Barbie doll twins. Sue me. They keep coming out with books these past few years about the twins as adults. Nope. I don't want any of that. I'll forever remember Elizabeth and Jessica as the picture of Valley Girl perfection.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kristen, I totally read the SVH books too. Those twins were pure perfection. The Sookie Stackhouse books got boring for me after a while. I still don't think I've read the last two books. I preordered both of them and they've just sat there. I think having the last one and who Sookie ends up with spoiled for me on the internet just ruined any motivation that I had to read them.

    Kudos...any post that has crying Dean Winchester in gif form is a win in my book.

    Thanks for posting your picks!

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...