Feature & Follow #2

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!





Find a “new to you blogger” and feature their button on your post this week. Tell us why this blogger stands out to you.

 photo 2ndRunReviewsLogo_zps4a2d5813.gif
  Terri, the owner of Second Run Reviews, came with the awesome idea to do a Q&A with each other since we're featuring each other for this week's F&F! (She's always full of great ideas!) I hope everyone enjoys these as much as we did asking and answering them! And don't forget to check out her blog, Second Run Reviews.

1. What's the one book you think everyone should read? Why?
If I had to chose just one, I think it would have to be The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. I've posted about this book a lot recently because, for me, the book is very empowering.  It's a wonderful historical fiction novel about Charlotte who is the only passenger on a ship bound for the United States. Because she is a young girl and the only passenger on this long voyage, Charlotte has some life changing experiences.  In the end, she makes a very brave decision, which for the time the book is set, I've always found very inspiring.

2. Which book, song, and/or movie is your happy place to escape to?
I'm a huge fan of Breakfast at Tiffany's starring Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard.  I'm a huge romantic and there's something so inspiring about the story of a naive girl trying to find her way in NYC and unknowingly falling in love that makes me just melt.  The scene where Holly is sitting on the window sill singing Moon River is just divine.

When I visited London in 1999 for a college class I brought home a print of the official movie poster (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmleblanc01/688471666) which now hangs in my movie themed living room. And this past year, when I visited NYC for the first time, I had my picture taken in front of Tiffany's (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmleblanc01/8862890434) and the play I chose to see on Broadway was an adaptation of the novella.  I have read the novella, but I don't find it as uplifting as the movie.

Fun fact: Emilia Clarke, who currently plays Daenerys Targaryen on The Game of Thrones, played Holly Golightly.

3. Where's your favorite place to curl up with a good book and read?
My bed with my cats.  It's been so cold in Iowa this year with all the snow and Polar Vortices (I hope that's the right pluralization!) that I've probably been spending way too much time in our bedroom.  The window is on the south side of the building so for a good portion of the day the sun shines in there and makes it so summery!

4. What's the most amusing thing that you've had happen to you that involves your horse?
Oh, boy, good question!  I've been pretty lucky with Jezebel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmleblanc01/5172085866).  She's an older horse with a good temper; there isn't much that sets her off.  But in the spring, we have some amusing moments jump out of your skin moments (shying) because she seems to forget what lawn mowers are and moving tall grass.  In the fall, when we ride around the property where the Barn is we can't go near the fields with the dry corn.  The whispering of the corn freaks her out.  We joke that its because the Children in the Corn really do exist.

5. What do you consider the most interesting part of your blog?
I love my theme.  I'm a huge theatre and movie fan.  I've tried to name the different sections of my blog after the theatre.  Center Stage is Home.  Meet the Cast is the About Me section.  A Note from the Director (often found in playbills) is where I explain why I started my blog.  The Marquee is an overview of upcoming posts, challenges I'm participating in and local bookish events.  If you look down the right side you'll notice that my Currently Reading list is called "What's on Stage" and my To-Read list is called "Waiting for an Entrance." And finally, my followers are called fans.  It seems really quite clever to me!

  


47 comments:

  1. Hey, old follower, just thought i'd let you know that you are my blog feature for the #FF :D I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    my #FF: http://jordypaigebooks.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 You're amazing. Thank you so much! (: Have a wonderful weekend and Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  2. Old follower! Just wanted to let you know that you were my feature, too! :) my F&FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a doll! I'll have to slip the cat some extra treats since she's partially responsible. Thanks for featuring me!!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's so tragic and funny at the same time. New follower here!

    My FF Friday   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I'm so jealous of Terri's poster! (: Thanks for stopping by. I've followed you back!

      Delete
    2. My dream, when I was renting, is that I would decorate my living room with movie posters and signed photos. Kristen, did you noticed the signed 8 x 10 glossies on my wall? http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmleblanc01/688471666

      Delete
  4. Hello! Hopping on back - so glad I found your lovely blog. New follower. :)

    Naiche @ The Book Girl Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! Enjoy your weekend! (:

      Delete
  5. Like your blog, happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm already following you. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  6. Hi, found you at Parajunkee's FF. I love everything about your blog! New follower here via GFC. Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Lianna! Your blog design is adorable. I've followed you back. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for hopping by! New bloglovin follower

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're my feature on my blog! :)

    http://tashbrilliantbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, The Crazy Bookworm! I absolutely LOVE your blog. Following back :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by and following! Happy Friday, Cathy!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for visiting! I'm following back via Feedly. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like what you did there! Great idea! I'm a new GFC Follower.

    Happy Valentine's Day and Happy FF!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally
    http://mythoughtsliterally.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh nice! This is a new to me blog!

    Didn't realize I wasn't following you already, so I quickly remedied that! GFC Follower #50! That's gotta be good luck or something! ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky number 50! Thanks for following, Jessica! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  13. Love The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle too! Wasn't expecting to see that books name today. :) Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by!

    Old follower. :)

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you guys did a Q&A - that's so cool! We've had a lot of snow and cold weather from the Polar Vortex thing here in Ohio, so I've been snuggling in my bed with my cats, too while reading. And my dog. :) How many cats do you have? We have two - Charlie and Billy.

    Old GFC and Bloglovin' follower :)
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jennifer! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I, too, have been curled up with my cat and Kindle during the storms. We had eight inches of snow from the last bit. Really unusual for my part of Tennessee! We only have the one, Absinthe "Abi". She's spoiled!

      Delete
  15. What a neat idea to interview each other! Thanks for visiting my FF!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the credit goes to Terri! She's brilliant. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. I love the idea of a Q & A to get to know your pick a little better. Thank you so much for sharing :D and for stopping by my FF. New GFC Follower - Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri deserves all the praise! I had so much fun doing the Q & A. Thank you for stopping by and following! I already follow you on GFC, but I just followed you on BlogLovin'!

      Delete
  17. What a great idea and a great button (love the masks).
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.
    Old Bloglovin' Follower :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the theme of her blog! It's so unique. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the feature. I love that blog's badge. So great! I'll check them out. :D Now following you via GFC and Bloglovin'. :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Liesel. (I love your name, so unique!) Definitely check out Terri's blog! The theme is great!

      Delete
  19. You have a lovely blog <3 Thanks for stopping by :) New follower via bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by! I've followed you on bloglovin'!

      Delete
  20. Thanks for visiting my blog Kristen! I'm now following you back on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey so sorry it has taken a few days for me to get over here. I'm a new follower and thanks for following me! Also thank you for giving me this link so I can up My Blog! So easy yet I couldn't figure it out! I look forward to stopping by here more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Heather! I'm so glad the link worked for you! (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...