We're so excited to be featuring Ashley Stoyanoff for Indie Fall Fest today!
Don't forget to stop by the kick-off post and enter our huge giveaway!
On Kira Adams' blog today, she's featuring I-Lanaa Twine!
I found the switch between worlds fairly easy. After reviewing my notes and outlines, and spending a day reading the last book in the series, I was usually right back into the world I needed to be in, and ready to go.
2. What is your favorite part of writing?
Definitely plotting. I love putting the story together piece by piece and shuffling everything around until it makes sense. I’m also a bit of an organization freak, so the plotting process soothes the clustered mess in my brain when I start a project.
3. Both your series have a paranormal theme. What inspired you to write about the paranormal?
I write paranormal books simply because I love them. When reading, paranormal romance is typically my first pick, so I write what I love to read.
4. I’ve seen a lot of comments about how your vampires in The Soul’s Mark series are very unique. Where did your idea of vampires come from?
I’ve always been a vampire fan and have quite a collection of vampire themed books, movies and TV shows. I’d have to say that my idea for vampires came from a mixture of everything. I picked apart everything that I knew about vampires from the influences around me, and then chose the pieces I liked, or the ones that made sense to me.
5. You’ve written about vampires and werewolves. Now you have to choose; which one would you want to be?
Hmmm … I’m going to have to go with a werewolf.
6. FIRE! You can only have time to save one book while you flee. Which book do you pick?
Glass Houses by Rachel Caine. Love that book.
7. What should we be on the lookout from you next?
Right now I’m working on a New Adult Romance (non-paranormal). I can’t say much about it yet, but I’m having a blast with this new project and can’t wait to share it with everyone.
In July 2012, Ashley published her first novel, The Soul’s Mark: FOUND, and shortly thereafter, she was honored with The Royal Dragonfly Book Award for both young adult and newbie fiction categories.
An avid reader, Ashley enjoys anything with a bit of romance and a paranormal twist. When she’s not writing or devouring her latest read, she can be found spending time with her family, watching cheesy chick flicks or buying far too many clothes.