#IndieFallFest: Sunday Brunch #3


All of the authors who are a part of Indie Fall Fest were asked to answer this question!
Here are their answers.


What published book do you wish you would have written?

Anna and the French Kiss
-Bridie Hall

Maze Runner
-T.A Uner

The Hunger Games
-Ruth Silver

The Percy Jackson series
-Erin Albert Rhew

The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
-Cynthia Witherspoon

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
-Tasha Cotter

The Maze Runner!
-Shane Morgan

Just for entertainment, Faking It, by Jennifer Crusie
For Literary acclaim, I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb
-Ann Everett

Like Moonlight at Low Tide (Nicole Quigley). Nicole's writing evokes so much emotion! She's got the gift.
-Heather Letto

Fifty Shades of Grey!
-Stacey Mosteller

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. If only I could be so unbeleivably brilliant. I actually talked out loud about the awesomness while reading this series.
-T.C. McKee

Jasper Fforde writes a series about a detective that can walk in and out of bookworld - it's called the Thursday Next series. It's super cool & I wish I thought of it!
-Amy Bartelloni

I don't have an answer for this. Books are such personal pieces from an author that it wouldn't be right for me to want to stake claim on any of them.
-A.G. Porter

Twilight
-Sarah Darlington

I wish I would have written A Wrinkle in Time. L'Engle is legendary.
-Chess Desalls

I really can't think of one. I'm lame, I know. I have many books I admire, but there are none that I wish I would have written. They were written by who needed to write them. It was their story to tell. :)
-Sarah Buhl

Besides Harry Potter? I wish I could have written any of the classics (Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights) that appear in my novel.
-Joy Penny

Fifty Shades of Grey. I realize this book is now everyone's favorite punching bag, but that's only because it was such a run-away hit. If you really look at the story, E.L. James nailed so many key elements that make a love story swoon-worthy. It is a fantastically fun, erotic read.
-Karen Gordon

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
-Whitney Barbetti

hahaha - truth: Loving Mr. Daniels, Brit is a freaking genius and I am probably her biggest fan!
-Kristen Hope Mazzola

Probably Fifty Shades because it got people excited and talking about reading. And it's going to be a movie!
-J. Nathan

The Lord of the Rings
-K.G. McAbee

Obsidian by Armentrout. OMG!!!
-K.R. Conway

Ruined by Tracy Wolff
-Crystal Perkins

Basically any time I read a great plot twist, I end up wishing I'd come up with it.
-Tiana Warner

I wish I could have written a series. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling or The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. To be able to create such incredible worlds that a reader desperately wishes they could live in them, is in my opinion, a true gift.
-Amy Dunne

Crime and Punishment.
-Zane Sachs

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
-Rae Hachton

Probably The Hunger Games. Such an interesting concept!
-Kira Adams

The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
-Rue

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I read it when I was in high school, and I loved it. A tattered copy traveled amongst my circle of friends because it was so powerful and everyone wanted to share that experience. I would love to write something that has had such an impact on teens.
-Katherine Over

The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I love that book hard.
-Heather Topham Wood

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. (what an awesome, unique, story)
-Claudia Brevis

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
-Kai Strand

When I finished reading Leigh Bardugo's SHADOW AND BONE I put it down and said out loud, "this is the book I was trying to write." Everything about that whole trilogy--the world--like, old imperial Russia + magic--the characters--selfish and flawed while still incredibly relatable--the system of magic--it's all so beautiful. It's everything fantasy should be.
-Anna Carolyn McCormally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...